So I have been fighting with fps drops and stuttering issues for quite a while now, and I have a decent system. Here is what I have found. This guide is for nvidia with a better GPU than CPU (apparently that stuff matters), and most probably won't work for everyone, but you can find ideas to increase performance.
- Avoid hdd, go for ssd or even better M.2 NMVE drive. Last one loads games, and system it self, million times faster.
- Go for performance middle ground. For example, download OpenHardwareMonitor, check that CPU and GPU utilisation, is somewhat consistent. Later on that.
- Make sure you have a decent mouse and keyboard, especially mouse. Upgrading generic mouse to SteelSeries Rival was like a day versus night.
- If it is an option for you, go for a 144Hz monitor. Even if your computer can handle only 90fps, its still a lot better than 60Hz.
- Turn off the G-Sync and V-Sync, it does make the game to look quite a bit smoother, but if you want maximum performance, I suggest turning it off …